Gig Detail: Virtual Marketing Assistant
I'd rather take a chance on someone despite their
shallow experience and skills than pass up someone
who has the heart to serve, learn, and grow with us.
Part of my role here is to make sure every team member
gets what they need to do real good here.
We’re always looking for talented people who work well on virtual, cross-functional teams with a variety of projects, from sales and marketing to design and content development, to booking events. While we look for good people skills with a strong track record, we also like working with ambitious beginners. A customer servant's attitude and fierce commitment to deadlines are essential, and a good sense of humor is no less required!
Virtual Marketing Assistant
(This is a 1099 FREELANCE or CONTRACTOR gig—NOT a job)
(This gig is designated TELECOMMUTE OR WORK FROM HOME)
We're looking for a freelancer to serve as a Marketing Assistant reporting directly to the Principal Consultant. This person will be working from home, communicating regularly by Skype, email, and phone with our Principal to develop and implement marketing tools. You'll be tasked with helping identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as building materials such as white papers and case studies. You will put our sales presentations on our website and provide administrative support to our marketing and sales teams.
Prior experience in administration, sales, or marketing is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Principal, Marketing Manager, outside agencies, clients, and partners to implement marketing strategy
• Help identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation
• Preparing paid traffic campaigns as directed; working with various types of software for digital marketing
• Formatting autoresponder email messages that Marketing writes, scheduling them for drip/automated delivery
• Producing and uploading presentations to our website
• Maintaining our marketing database using Hubspot CRM
• Providing administrative support in hacking sales funnels using ClickFunnels
• Preparing, formatting and editing a range of Google Docs and Google Sheets for the Marketing Team
• Understanding company products, services, and brand
• Organizing market research
• Analyzing questionnaires and other forms of feedback
• Updating social media accounts
Marketing Assistant Requirements:
• Proven track record in marketing or business
• Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• A high level of attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
• Use Google Docs, Sheets, etc.; Skype, WIX, Squarespace, Wordpress; Hubspot CRM, Calendly; Photoshop; and MS Office
• Good organization skills
• Digital marketing experience